Chelsea got back to winning ways with a 2-1 win against Watford as goals from Mason Mount and Hakim Ziyech either side of Emmanuel Dennis’ goal got the Blues all three points. They have now collected 33 points from 14 league games.
Manchester City inflicted a 2-1 defeat on Aston Villa as new manager, Steven Gerrard was made to have a first taste of defeat with the club. Manchester City went ahead with goals from Ruben Dias and Bernando Silva before the end of the first half. The deficit was halved two minutes into the second half by Ollie Watkins. The Cityzens, however, held on to their lead as they collected their 32nd points of the season.
Tottenham Hotspur got a 2-0 win against newly-promoted side, Brentford as they moved to within two points of the top four. An own-goal from Sergi Canos and a tap-in goal from Heung-min Son got Spurs all three points.
Arsenal fell to another defeat against a ‘top-six’ side as they lost 3-2 to Manchester United. Goals from Emile Smith-Rowe and Martin Ødegaard were not enough as Bruno Fernandes and Cristiano Ronaldo (twice) sealed all three points for the Red Devils. Manchester United now has 21 points from 14 games and is now only two points behind Arsenal in fifth and three behind West Ham United in fourth.
EPL Table After Matchday 14
EPL Top Scorers After Matchday 14
EPL Assist Kings After Matchday 14
- Watch Newcastle vs Arsenal Live Streaming Match #NEWARS #PL
- Paulo Dybala has already revealed his dream transfer destination amid Arsenal links
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move