EPL: Chelsea cancels Graham Potter’s unveiling.
The official Graham Potter appointment as Chelsea’s new manager has been postponed.
The former Brighton manager was scheduled to address the media today, but the Blues believe it is inappropriate given that the UK is observing a period of mourning following the passing of the Queen.
Prior to the public announcement of the monarch’s passing, the club had already announced Potter will take Thomas Tuchel’s position yesterday.
On Saturday against Fulham, Potter was getting ready to captain the Chelsea squad.
But the Premier League also announced on Friday morning that, out of respect, all games this weekend will be cancelled.
Following a discussion with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport to discuss this weekend’s games, Premier League clubs paid respect to Her Majesty at a meeting this morning.
Elizabeth II was Queen of the United Kingdom from 6 February 1952 until her death on 8 September 2022. Her reign of 70 years and 214 days was the longest of any British monarch and the second-longest recorded of any monarch of a sovereign country
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation