Since Thomas Tuchel was sacked from Chelsea as the team manager, the club’s first choice goalkeeper, Edouard Mendy has been playing less in the club matches.
While many have been of the thoughts that the Senegalese international is only not starting matches because of a speculated injury, there are perceptions that his current contract extension agreement stalling between him and the club management might have been the reason for sidelining him.
However, Mendy may be in his last season at Chelsea considering the fact that Kepa Arrizabalaga has been impressive so far for the team in Mendy’s absence, with the Spanish shot-stopper currently putting the opportunity to good uses, and the last two matches have shown how he has been adapting and playing so well with the team.
Also, with the fact that the summer signing, Gabriel Slonina will join Chelsea in January after his loan spell at Chicago Fire, Mendy’s time at Chelsea may be nearing its end.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation