Real Madrid are set to offer Eden Hazard back to Chelsea as part of a deal for Reece James, El Nacional reports.
The LaLiga giants hope to invest in a new right-back position to provide cover for Dani Carvajal next year.
And as a result of that, Real Madrid manager, Carlo Ancelotti, has asked the club’s President, Florentino Perez to make a move for James.
Perez hopes to solve two problems in one go by bringing in James to Real Madrid and offloading Hazard back to Chelsea as part of the same deal.
Even though Chelsea owner, Roman Abramovich, would be happy to bring Hazard back to Stamford Bridge, he may not want it to come at the expense of one of his team’s star players.
Recall that Real Madrid signed Hazard from Chelsea in 2019.
The Belgium international has failed to make an impact since joining Real Madrid from Chelsea for £88.5 million two years ago.
The 30-year-old, who has been linked to a return to Chelsea, has been hampered by injuries throughout his time at Los Blancos.
The attacking midfielder is a Chelsea fan favourite and is likely to be welcomed back to the west London club with open arms
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move
- Antonio Rudiger makes big Chelsea contract admission after becoming a man at Stamford Bridge
- Why Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea Career Could End Just Like Frank Lampard’s