Chelsea Left-back Ben Chilwell is back in the squad of the Three Lions of England, for the first time in almost a year. The Englishman wasn’t available for selection or call-up for the fixtures of the Gareth Southgate’s squad because he sustained an Injury at Chelsea last season.
The Former Leicester City Defender speaks about his excitement to return to the squad but he’s unsure whether he’ll start for Gareth Southgate during the International Break.
Speaking to Chelsea media in an interview that went up on the club’s official Twitter page on Friday, Ben Chilwell said: “For sure I’m delighted. It’s been nearly a year now since my last call up. Obviously I had the injury which has stopped me having the chance to play for my country for the past six, seven, eight and nine months.”
“Really excited to be back and hopefully I can get some game time. It’s very exciting going into the World Cup. Everyone is going to be there full of confidence, excited and working hard leading into World Cup.”
Despite not playing for England in the last couple of months, Ben Chilwell might just walk into the starting lineup of the England unchallenged. Gareth Southgate also invited Manchester United Left-back Luke Shaw for the upcoming games but the England International hasn’t been in a good form this season.
Luke Shaw’s bad form at Manchester United has saw him lost his spot in the starting lineup to Former Feyenoord Star Tyrell Malacia. Ben Chilwell’s playing time hasn’t been much at Chelsea too but he’s still a lot better than Luke Shaw so far this season. This could tip the scale in Ben Chilwell’s favour.
- Opinion; Ngolo Kante Does More Than One Player’s Work At Chelsea
- Watch Denmark vs France Live Streaming Match #DENFRA #NationsLeague
- Current WSL Table & Match Review as Chelsea won 2 – 0 against Manchester City.
- Watch Asante Kotoko vs Hearts of Oak Live Streaming Match #GPLwk3 #SuperClash #KotokoHearts
- Graham Potter Should Figure Out Players That Don’t Want Be At Chelsea Before Signing New Players