Chelsea have reportedly tabled a big-money offer to lure Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly to Stamford Bridge this summer, according to a report from The Sun.
Koulibaly’s talks with Napoli over a new deal have failed to come to an agreement and there is speculation that Chelsea could look to make the most of the standoff to make an approach for the highly-rated Serie A talent.
Thomas Tuchel is on the lookout for world-class central defenders to shore up his depleted ranks at the back which have lost both Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen on free transfers to Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively.
Napoli mainstay Koulibaly has emerged on the radar for the Blues with Napoli’s asking price this year believed to be in the region of £34 million and Chelsea ready to offer the defender a sizable pay package of £8.5 million-a-year.
Sevilla’s Jules Kounde and RB Leipzig first-teamer Josko Gvardiol are the other names on the shopping list for Chelsea who have arch rivals Manchester United joining the race for Gvardiol’s signature.
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker