Chelsea got more than just 3 points and the top spot of the UCL group E after their victory over AC Milan in San Siro last week as Reece James sustained a knee Injury. The 22-year-old was substituted off in the game against AC Milan in the second half after he damaged his knees.
On Wednesday, Reece James was spotted travelling alone back to London From Italy, an initial sign that Fans took as a positive because it meant that his Injury wasn’t serious.
On Saturday evening, Football London revealed that the true level of Reece James’ injury has been accessed. The good news is that he isn’t going to have any surgery as that could see him not play any game for the remainder of this season while the bad news is that even without the injury, he’s not going to play for another 2 months.
These information enraged Chelsea Fans on the social media as they blamed Chelsea medical team for the way Reece James was Treated. Apparently, Chelsea Players were given a day off after their win against AC Milan on Tuesday.
Their day off being Wednesday, Reece James, like every other Chelsea Players, was left alone for sight-seeing in Milan and that explains why photos of him travelling back to London on a public flight surfaced on the social media.
According to Daily Mail, the English FA are fuming with the way Chelsea handled Reece James as his injury means he’s not going to be available for the upcoming FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
Instead of leaving Reece James alone to travel back to London, the Blues’ medical team could have placed braces his knees or offer a medical support on his flight.
Daily Mail added that Graham Potter talked to Reece James on Tuesday after the win against AC Milan and the 22-year-old said he was fine but, the injury got worse overnight
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation