Gabriel Martinelli’s contract negotiations with Arsenal are reportedly being monitored by Chelsea, who are eager to sign the winger if he decides to leave North London.
The Brazilian international has been in outstanding form this year, and Arsenal, who are currently atop the league table, rely heavily on his performances in the last third of the field.
According to a report from the German news outlet BILD, Martinelli is in talks with the Arsenal camp about a new long-term contract, but that hasn’t diminished Chelsea’s interest in the 21-year-old.
The Blues are still looking for reinforcements to upgrade their front line, and they may turn to the talented Arsenal player whose contract at the club is set to expire in the summer of 2024 and who is demanding a tripling of his present salary in exchange for an extension.
After Nicolas Pepe, Alexandre Lacazette, and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang left the Arsenal squad, his importance in the team reportedly increased. He is reportedly seeking a £200,000-per-week salary package and is optimistic of getting it.
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.