Reece James is set to be absent for at least 8 weeks. The England International injured his knee during Chelsea’s UCL encounter against AC Milan last week in Italy.
There was an initial fear that he would have to undergo a surgery but the results of the scan he took last week showed that he doesn’t need a surgery which would have kept him out for the remainder of this season. However, Graham Potter confirmed that Reece James won’t be able to play any football for 8 weeks so that he can heal up.
Coping without Reece James is going to be hard on Graham Potter and Chelsea. The West London club got a taste of that against Aston Villa on Sunday in their recent outing.
Raheem Sterling started in the Right wing-back against the Steven Gerrard’s side on Sunday but the England International couldn’t held his ground against the Villans.
A major tweak in the formation had to be done as the Blues reshaped from 3-5-2 to 3-4-3. This made Ruben Loftus-Cheek moving to the Right wing-back, leaving Mason Mount and Mateo Kovavic in the middle while Raheem Sterling teamed up with Kai Havertz and Pierre Emerick Aubameyang in the offense.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the Right wing-back changed the game a bit but Graham Potter made a major change in the second half as Cesar Azpilicueta replaced Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the Right wing-back.
If Reece James was present on the pitch, there won’t be any ground to be making constant change in the Right wing-back because the England International is an amazing Player.
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation