Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen made his 12th consecutive international start, and helped keep yet another clean sheet in Denmark’s 1-0 win over Austria that confirmed Denmark’s place in the tournament next summer winter. Denmark have yet to concede a goal in their qualifying campaign.
Andreas Christensen was on action for Denmark national team on Tuesday night, and he was able to play a vital role in their deserved 1-0 victory over Austria in Europe’s World Cup qualifier.
Playing at the Parken Stadium, Denmark were dominant against a depleted Austria, but it took a piece of magic from Thomas Delaney to break the deadlock, the midfielder dancing through Austria’s backline before teeing up Joakim Maehle to convert the clinching goal.
Chelsea academy graduate was given another starting role by his coach, following his outstanding performance for the team in their previous game, and he was able to impress again.
Denmark became the second nation to secure qualification for the 2022 World Cup, joining host nation Qatar, and hopefuls Germany, who qualified yesterday thanks in part to Timo Werner’s brace.
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker