Chelsea Blames Thomas Tuchel For Not Doing Enough To Convince One Of The Best Defenders In The World
Chelsea spent most of the summer chasing some of Europe’s best defenders, but the Premier League side missed out on the best option.
The London club signed Kalidou Koulibaly and Wesley Fofana to Stamford Bridge this summer, but in the process, they lost Matisse de Ligt and most importantly Jules Conde. The Dutch defender opted to move to Bayern Munich, while Conde was attacked under the nose of Chelsea by Barcelona and now the central defender has revealed why he chose to join the La Liga giants rather than the English club.
Jules Conde joins Barcelona this summer
In an interview with L’Equipe, Conde talked about what convinced him to join Barcelona and said: “I spoke to Tuchel and I also felt that he wanted me to come, but I simply spoke with Tuchel. I like Xavi’s speech.”
It appears that Tuchel has not done enough to convince the French star to come to Stamford Bridge as his decision appears to depend on each area of the coach. As a result, Chelsea lost one of the best defenders in the world and things might have been different for Tuchel had he done more to lure the Barcelona star to London.
However, the Blues have two quality defenders, Koulibaly and Fofana, but neither of them has the cap the 23-year-old has.
- See How The New TECNO Spark 10 Performs Against The Samsung A14
- What Chelsea Could Do To Take All Three Points From Everton In Their PL At Stamford Bridge.
- CHE vs EVE : Facts Possible Lineup Injuries And Suspension The Referee And All You Need To Know
- The Wait Is Over: The Tecno Spark 10 Series Is Available Now With Premium Benefits
- TECNO unveils latest SPARK 10 Series with 32MP Glowing Selfie and Glass back Design