CHE VS MNU: Why Graham Potter’s Decision To Take Cucurella Off In The 38th Minute Was Understandable.
CHE VS MNU: Why Graham Potter’s Decision To Take Cucurella Off In The 38th Minute Was Understandable
Chelsea had a big fixture ahead of them in the English Premier League today as they welcomed Manchester United to the Stamford Bridge Stadium on Saturday evening. The Blues had an unconvincing performance in the match as they were quite lucky to hold Manchester United to a goalless draw at halftime.
Well, one surprising thing noticed from the first period was when Graham Potter decided to sub off Marc Cucurella in the 38th minute of the match for Mateo Kovacic despite not picking an injury. It was a tactical substitution from the English Manager who saw Marc Cucurella’s flaws and decided to take drastic action. Marc Cucurella was used in the left center-back position for Chelsea in the match as he performed awfully against Man United.
The Spanish International looked very shaky at the back failing repeatedly to read the danger which nearly cost his team in the match. Subbing him off that early was understandable because of his poor performance defensively which could have created an open space in Chelsea’s backline for Manchester United to exploit in the encounter. This is the second time Marc Cucurella is being subbed off early in a game and he needs to urgently improve his performance for Chelsea.
What’s your take on this? Kindly drop your comments below. Thanks for reading.
- See How The New TECNO Spark 10 Performs Against The Samsung A14
- What Chelsea Could Do To Take All Three Points From Everton In Their PL At Stamford Bridge.
- CHE vs EVE : Facts Possible Lineup Injuries And Suspension The Referee And All You Need To Know
- The Wait Is Over: The Tecno Spark 10 Series Is Available Now With Premium Benefits
- TECNO unveils latest SPARK 10 Series with 32MP Glowing Selfie and Glass back Design