According to Sky Sport Italia, Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan, especially as Chelsea have decided to invest €127m in Enzo Fernandez instead.
Gianluca Di Marzio claims that one of the main contenders for Leao’s signature have ruled themselves out of contention for the January transfer window by putting all their resources into securing Argentina international Fernandez from Benfica for €127m.
Manchester City are still in the running, but the same source also suggests that Leao is increasingly confident of signing a new contract with Milan.
The salary proposal on the table has been increased to €7m per season and they are also working to help the Portugal international pay off the outstanding €21m fee he owes to Sporting CP.
His current deal only runs to June 2024, so the pressure is on to get that extension or risk losing him for free next summer.
Along with Leao, Milan are also hoping to get new contracts secured for Olivier Giroud and Ismael Bennacer
- Get the TECNO Phantom X2 Now and Pay 1,111 NGN Daily with Easybuy
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation