According to Mundo Deportivo, a rather credible source regarding Barcelona transfers, the Catalans want to land Antonio Rudiger and Cesar Azpilicuetanext summer.
The contracts of both Chelsea players expire in 2022 and they have not extended it yet. So if they become free agents, Barcelona will try to poach them
Foreign clubs including Barca are free to start negotiations with Toni and Azpi in January.
Rudiger’s contract saga has been going for a few months already, with sides finding it difficult to agree on an extension. The club and the defender are still in negotiations over a new contract, Fabrizio Romano says.
There haven’t been many updates on Azpilicueta’s renewal. In September, the defender said he is ‘not worried’ about a new deal as he feels ‘trusted’ by Chelsea.
- World Cup Group E: What do Spain, Germany, Japan and Costa Rica Need to qualify
- QATAR 2022: African teams and their chances of qualification to the next round.
- The 4 Most Expensive Club Sales In Football
- 5 Portuguese Players who will Help Cristiano Ronaldo Win the 2022 World Cup Trophy
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 8