Ronald Koeman, the Barcelona club manager, has spoken about Lionel Messi’s exit, two days after the club made the shock announcement.
Koeman, who worked with Messi for only one season, took to his Twitter page to bid the 34-year-old farewell.
He wrote: “Still hard to understand that you will not play for Barcelona anymore.
“Thanks for everything you have done for our club, Leo. I really enjoyed the full season we worked together.
“I am impressed by your work ethic and desire to win; it makes you the best player in the world. For now, I wish you and your family the best!”
Messi is now on the verge of completing a stunning move to Paris Saint-Germain.
The Argentina captain will sign a two-year deal with the Ligue 1 giants, with an option of one more year.
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker