Chelsea midfielder, Jorginho, has said he would pick Manchester City’s Kevin de Bruyne to win the Ballon d’Or award this year, if he couldn’t vote for himself.
Jorginho is on the 30-man shortlist after winning the Champions League with the Blues and European Championships with Italy.
He is one of the top favourites alongside Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain) and Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich).
“I believe I’d vote for Kevin de Bruyne for everything he’s been doing and for the beautiful football he’s been showing in recent years.
“For those who like football, it’s great to see him play because he understands football, he is a player with above-average intelligence,” Jorginho told ESPN Brasil.
The winner of this year’s prize will be announced November 29.
Leaked Ballon D’Or voting results for this year’s award, claim that Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski will win ahead of Lionel Messi.
SportsMail reports the image is believed to be the final standings.
Voting for the 2021 winner officially ended on Monday, October 25, the date on the document which has gone viral.
According to it, Lewandowski has polled 627 points from the 176 voting nations, ahead of Lionel Messi in second place.
Karim Benzema is in third place with 526 points.
Lewandowski, 33, was favourite to win the Ballon D’Or last season before the ceremony was cancelled due to Covid.
The Polish striker has scored 17 goals in 13 games so far this season
- Why Todd Boehly should consider heeding to the Chelsea fans before making a decision
- Ranking The Best Goals So Far In This World Cup.
- Casemiro Believe Fans Who Have Celebrated Neymar’s Injury Lacks Character
- World Cup: 3 Reasons Why Benzema Will Not Return To France Squad Despite His Recovery From Injury.
- The toughest fixtures in the 2022 FIFA World cup on matchday 10.