Chelsea’s offense hasn’t exactly been clicking this season, but new addition Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang could be the player to change that.
Thomas Tuchel was fired in large part due to his team’s eight goals in seven games in all competitions and the Blues’ inability to score goals.
Despite the short amount of time Aubameyang spent at Barcelona, it was a hard lesson in the forward’s potential. Only Karim Benzema of Real Madrid scored at a faster rate in 2021–22, scoring 11 LaLiga goals in 17 appearances, or 0.91 goals every 90 minutes. The Frenchman appears to be a player keen to score in Spain, so Chelsea will be hoping he does not slow down anytime soon.
2. Elite movement
Aubameyang is skilled at positioning himself in favorable scoring situations. He had the highest rate of huge chances scored per 90 minutes in LaLiga last season (0.66).With no penalties, only Arnaut Danjuma averaged more predicted goals per 90 minutes. Potter wants his team to give the Gabonese more opportunities. The 33-year-old has a propensity for putting himself in good scoring positions because of his outstanding mobility.
3. Aerial threat
More so than his prowess in the air, Aubameyang is renowned for his speed in the backfield. No player last season in Spain’s top division scored more headers per 90 (0.25). Chelsea have added a dynamic attacker with a wide range of skills. But more importantly, he knows where the net is.
4. Prolific finisher
But securing advantageous positions is only half the game. Luckily for Chelsea, Aubameyang is also a proficient finisher. He demonstrated he could frequently put the defense’s goalkeepers to the test with a shooting accuracy of 54.05% and an incredible 1.65 shots on target per 90. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was lethal from close range while playing for Barcelona
- (VIDEO) Watch Full Highlight of Arsenal 3-2 Win Against Manchester United All Goals and Action
- Transferr News: Done Deals, Chelsea agree Fernandez fee, Arsenal ‘register’ second Mudryk bid
- Big Blow For Chelsea as Rafael Leao is close to agreeing a new contract with Milan
- Chelsea Break Club Record for Enzo Fernandez Transfer as Deal is one step away: 127 million euro operation
- ‘What is Ziyech doing on Chelsea bench?’ – Fans urge Potter to start Morocco star over Sterling vs Manchester City