It is no longer news that Chelsea have been dethroned from the English Premier League top Spot by Manchester City on Saturday after losing their game against West Ham United at the London Stadium.
EPL match week 15 saw Thomas Tuchel side beaten 3-2 By West Ham United despite taking the lead in the early minutes of the encounter.
It is understandable that Chelsea lost the game due to poor display by some of the players that were paraded by Tuchel. In order to avoid similar fate from occuring again, there is need for the manager to consider dropping some of the players from the starting lineup.
It would be unfair to Mendy not to acknowledge his contribution to Chelsea this season. He was able to maintain several clean sheets for the team both in the champion league and the premier league. But it would he in the best interest of Thomas Tuchel and Chelsea to consider restoring Kepa Arizzabalaga to the position of first choice goal keeper. We saw how Mendy has been poor in the goal post yesterday that resulted in some of the goals conceeded. Perhaps Kepa would make Mendy to sit up.
Jorginho is the second player that deserves a bench role in the subsequent Chelsea’s game. The defender has been making some errors in the back lately that is allowing opponents to score goals. It would be good if Tuchel try another option maybe the team might just recover the number one position on the league table.
Alonso was not at his best in midfield when West Ham defeated Chelsea yesterday. He was unable to distribute the ball effectively from his angle. I think Tuchel should drop him to the bench role if he desire to see positive changes in that position.
- Transfer News: Chelsea Want To Sign Ronaldo, Star Player To Undergo Man United Medicals Tomorrow
- How Chelsea’s €65m agreement with Leeds for Raphinha is a trap set for Barca
- TRANSFER NEWS: 4 Done Deals that were completed today.
- Chelsea News: Chelsea Join Utd And Milan In Asensio Race, City Ready To Allow Chelsea Target Leave
- Chelsea offer Werner as part of De Ligt deal, Arsenal express interest For Espanyol striker