The English Premier League was in action today as Chelsea hosted Newcastle United at the Emirates Stadium in their 13th game of the season. Arsenal cruised to a convincing 2-0 win against a struggling Newcastle United side to pick three massive points at home.
Arsenal was on top of their game as they proved too strong for Newcastle United in today’s encounter. Goals from Bukayo Saka, and Gabriel Martinelli were enough to send seal all three points for Arsenal.
Mikel Arteta made two wrong tactical decisions in today’s game that contributed to his defeat.
1. Starting Martin Odegaard ahead of Lacazette:
Mikel Arteta invented the tactical twist of starting Alexandre Lacazette in the number 10 position in order to accommodate Emile Smith Rowe, Bukayo Saka and Aubamayeng in the attack. The tactics have not been successful as Lacazette often struggles to influence or create good goal scoring chances for the Gunners.
Mikel Arteta decided to twist his lineup and started Martin Odegaard instead of Lacazette and the Norwegian playmaker impressed I’m today’s match as he had the perfect combination with Rowe Smith and Saka in today’s game.
2. Accurate and timely Substitutions:
Mikel Arteta’s substitution has been impressive this season and he proved his quality once again in today’s match. The decision to replace Bukayo Saka with Gabriel Martinelli in the 64th minute was spot on as he scored the winning goal for the Gunners.
The Brazilian winger came into the game in the 64th minute and quickly scored the winner in the 66th minute to seal all three points for Arsenal.
- Watch Newcastle vs Arsenal Live Streaming Match #NEWARS #PL
- Paulo Dybala has already revealed his dream transfer destination amid Arsenal links
- Fans Go Wild On Twitter After Eden Hazard’s Performance Against Cadiz After Injury Return
- FA Cup: Becker Revealed who assisted him in saving Azpilicueta, and Mount’s penalties in a 6-5 win
- Possible Chelsea signing is ‘Unbelievable – one of the best in Premier League fans told ahead of potential move