The Graham Potter era began with RB Salzburg and Chelsea’s 0-0 draw on match day two of the Champions League group stage. Ahead of their next Champions League game, Potter saw his side claim a win against Crystal Palace in the EPL.
In response to Tuchel’s three-at-the-back formation, Potter switched tactics and did so without hesitation. It was an innovative strategy, similar to the one that inspired Brighton & Hove Albion to play some excellent football. Despite Chelsea’s recent win in their last game, Graham Potter needs to fix 2 issues outlined below in order to advance over time.
1) Goal Scoring
One of Chelsea’s problems currently is scoring a lot of goals. The Blues always struggle to find the back of the net as it was a problem in their match against Salzburg and also against Crystal Palace. This is a problem that Graham Potter needs to fix.
2) Defensive Midfield Role
With the recent poor performance of Jorginho, Graham Potter needs to fix the issue surrounding the Defensive midfield role. Since Ngolo Kante sustained an injury, Jorginho has found it difficult to fill Ngolo Kante’s boot, hence, causing problems for the defenders
- Observations as Chelsea FC resumes training ahead of friendly game against Aston Villa
- Messi Vs Lewandowski: Who Has A Better Goal To Game Ratio For His Country
- TUN 1-0 FRA: Why Fans Are Reacting After Griezmann’s Stoppage Time Equalizer Was Canceled
- Why The Referee Was Right To Cancel France’s Goal In The 108th Minute Of Today’s Game
- QATAR 2022: Argentina, Germany and other big teams who could be eliminated in their last group games